Thomas J. Lyons
- Consumer Rights Litigation
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Telephone Consumer Practices Act
- Class Actions
Attorney Tommy Lyons is the founder of the Consumer Justice Center P.A. His goal was to create a law firm dedicated exclusively to consumer rights litigation. Since then, he and the firm have consistently achieved ground-breaking results and are responsible for precedent-setting rulings at the trial and appellate court levels.
As an attorney, Tommy has successfully represented consumers in a variety of legal matters, handling everything from small cases to multi-million-dollar class actions. Tommy focuses his attention on representing consumers against debt collection and repossession businesses, credit reporting agencies, and banking institutions. He has been appointed to serve as class counsel by federal courts all over the country.
Tommy received a B.A. in History and Political Science from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas in 1990. Tommy graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School in 1994. Tommy began practicing alongside his father in 1994 at then opened the Consumer Justice Center P.A. in 1996. Tommy has focused his entire practice on representing the little guy and litigated those cases primarily in the federal court system for nearly 30 years.
Tommy has lectured for continuing legal education programs, law schools, and community groups throughout the country, and has been a regular speaker/contributor and member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA) and National Consumer Law Center (NCLC) for over 20 years.
Throughout his life, Tommy has diligently and tirelessly fought for justice and equity, standing on the side of people who have been taken advantage of, commercially wronged, abused, or defrauded. He brings that same dedication to his work as an attorney.
During his free time, Tommy enjoys spending time with his wife of 30 years, Sheri, his three children, his extended family, and many friends. Tommy is deeply connected to outdoor sports and recreational activities and his love for travel and adventure.
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1994
- Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- Pro Se Project - District of Minnesota Federal Court
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner