Local 612-200-1495
Consumer Justice Center P.A.
Toll Free 800-556-6752
Don’t Feel Bad, Get Mad. Stand Up to Consumer Abuse.
In This Section

June 2018 Archives

My car is in danger of repossession: How can I keep it?

Automotive repossession happens when you fail to pay your car payments on time. Usually, your bank will contact you via letter to notify you that you're late on your payments. Next, your bank will call you to ask if you're going to pay the money you owe and notify you of the threat that your vehicle will be repossessed. Following a predetermined grace period, the bank will then contact a repossession service and put in an order for the repossession of your vehicle.

When can I stop debt collectors from calling me?

When debt collectors call you regarding debts, they believe you owe -- even if they're mistaken that you owe money or you can't pay the debt -- it could be a good idea to speak with them once. This can help determine whether the issue is resolvable. It will also give you the opportunity to ask the agency its name and mailing address.

What behaviors violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act?

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is a federal law that regulates how mortgage, medical billing and credit card companies may attempt to collect on a debt. It also prohibits collection agents from being allowed to use deceptive, abusive or unfair techniques to try to collect the money that you may owe them.

When is repossession unlawful in Minnesota?

When you take out a loan in order to buy an expensive and important purchase such as a car or a truck, you will have a repayment plan that you must stick to in order to keep the vehicle. The small print in the credit agreement will outline the details of under what circumstances the lender is able to repossess the car.

How to correct an inaccurate credit report

If there is a mistake made in your credit report, this can have a big impact on many aspects of your life. It could prevent you from getting certain jobs that require a credit check, or certain business or banking deals. Therefore, when a mistake is made through no fault of your own, it is important that you alert the credit reporting agency (CRA) so that it can be fixed as soon as possible.

Get Answers To Your Questions

Contact the Consumer Justice Center. Tommy Lyons can speak with you in a free initial consultation arranged at 800-556-6752, toll free, or by email from wherever you are in the U.S.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Contact The Consumer Justice Center P.A.

Consumer Justice Center P.A.
367 Commerce Court
Vadnais Heights, MN 55127

Toll Free: 800-556-6752
Phone: 612-200-1495
Fax: 651-704-0907
Vadnais Heights Law Office Map

  • Facebook
  • Linkedin
  • Twitter